The Receptacle Refugees

A refugee camp for all the naysayers, disagreers and disgruntled hooligans who were left stranded and without shelter when the TS4 Receptacle closed. Essentially, the Receptacle is a haven for those who feel wronged by our beloved simulation franchise.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tricky Tweaks aka Mods

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Oh my gosh! Missed that! I'll add it and let you know. Thanks!

OH! And I had to change the Live Show Venue because it closed the whole lot and my sims couldn't go to work. Duh! Should have thought of that. It's now just a hangout.

Edit 3: Now I'm confused. It turns out I already had your mod for the theater installed. It still doesn't seem to be working. And is the Movie Set mod for the movie set stuff that spawns? It doesn't spawn with the RH Door, at least not that I've ever seen.

Edit 4: I put the Movie Set mod in my mods folder along with your Theater mod and suddenly the lot showed the Hangout tag! Then my game crashed.

Earlier I was reading a thread elsewhere that mentioned that Film RH door used to spawn the movie set objects, which is why I got confused about Theater and Movie Set etc. In English the RH is known as the Film studio so I was conflating that with the Movie Set decor objects. My bad!

Not to be confused with a Theater which might be expected to have plays and other live performances or anything...just more of the confusion arising from poor planning on Maxis' part!

Edit 5: How do you take a screenshot with the Map Tags still visible? I took some shots to show you they're working but the tags don't show up in my pictures.

I'll pack up the lots and upload them for you to see for yourself.

27Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:19 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

We are talking about what in-game is called the Plumbob Pictures Backlot, right?

The mod I made is a simple tuning of the rabbithole object(s) that share the same object type. This shouldn't cause the game to crash, because other than the map tag behaviour the file is still the same as in vanilla. It does contain settings for the change of the outside film set though. But even without my mod jynx' door should have used these settings, too, unless they included a custom tuning in the door file. But they haven't.

I'll see whether I can find out more about this particular type of rabbithole.

Re: Edit 5: You'd have to use a third-party screenshot tool like the Snipping Tool that came with Windows and play in windowed mode.

28Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Oh sorry, I should have been clear about that. I don't blame your mod for the crash at all. Just one of those TS3 moments.

I figured out how to use the snipping tool in windowed mode to take this screenie. For the Bookstore lot I am using a Bakery custom map tag and lot type from NRAAS. Love this!

Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 35125875196_f023e32ae5_o

And here is a shot of the Diner/Arcade.

Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 34356228113_4ae4a50c6c_o

I have to look up my password info for Simsfileshare and then I should be able to upload the lots for you.

29Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

I started the upload process for this lot then went and ate dinner. It took a while to upload because on my end the file is about 56MB!

Custard is showing the corrupt - package within a package error when according to my tests on this, means that it contains Store content (durr...). There are also two custom patterns (the checkered pizzaria cloth) and two counters from ATS3 that come with the lot since I always install those types of files through the Launcher.

http://simfil.es/254040/

Bookstore and Bakery. I re-classified the lot as No Visitors Allowed since I didn't think you probably had the custom lot/tag for the Bakery (which as I mentioned I got from NRAAS). If I remember correctly, one custom pattern and the counters from ATS3.

http://simfil.es/254055/

And here is the Diner & Bowling Alley created by sashraf which I got from the Exchange:

http://simfil.es/254049/

30Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:46 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

Oh, that first screenshot is perfect! Could I perhaps use this for my MTS upload? I would have to ask you, however, to upload it in full resolution somewhere other than flickr, because I would have to make an account there to access it.
This forum here has its own image host, for example. It's the second button in the formatting field where you can also share youtube links.

31Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:57 am

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Maptag10

Like this? I used the forum tool to upload it, but I don't know what you mean by full resolution (self-taught with PC stuff so huge gaping gaps in my knowledge, lol!). The default was 800 width for forums so I just left it at that. And yes, you can use it.

Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Maptag11

1024 width. In case you need that instead. I see it looks the same as the first one, so if there is something else you need me to do please let me know!

32Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:17 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

Thank you very much, tangie. I'll see whether the picture is big enough.

33Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:05 am

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

You're welcome! I can take it again if you need me to. Should I have done it using the entire screen? I just made sure to capture the section I wanted in my shot. But I can do it again, no problem! I just need more instructions on how to go about it.

I will get a kick out of seeing it on your mod page if you can use it. Smile

34Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

I realize that you are no doubt busy with other things, but wanted to ask if it might be possible to get a mod for the Uni Java Hut? That's the only other one that I need at the moment. No rush of course, just whenever you might have some free time and feel like it!

Edit: OK, I have a multi-function lot that has a cafe, the day spa with RH rug, and two business/career buildings on it. I categorized it as a Java Hut and the Uni Java Hut icon shows up along with the Day Spa icon. So I guess I'm good to go. I think? lol

Don't know what I was thinking since the Java Hut is not a RH anyway! REGblush

35Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

Good that you were able to answer your own question yourself, because I wouldn't have known what I could have done in that case. Smile

36Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:28 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Well I have another question! There might not be anything you can do about this one, either unfortunately.

I'm playing a game where I rotate among a number of households. Some of these households own the multi-function lots (so far there is only two of them in this game). My sims can purchase the RH(rug) separately or for even more money they can also purchase the entire lot (as a bakery or java hut or whatever venue I have designated it). It was pretty cool because they got to collect money from both venues, the RH as well has the community lot.

The problem is that my sims will lose the community lots (but not the RH, they keep those) as soon as I switch to another household. This also happens with community lots that have no RH. I have a restaurant/bar that I designated as a hangout but the game automatically sells it off from the sim I had purchase it when I switch to another household.

I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done about this. I haven't looked at the guts of your mods and I'm not sure I would understand how it would interact with the game's real estate system if I did. But as soon as I removed these mods, my sims were able to keep their RH purchase (of course they own the whole lot now but it's just designated as a RH).

37Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:04 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

Hm, after reading through your post thrice I am still a bit confused.
So, with or without my RH tunings your Sims lose ownership of the (blue) lots when you switch households?
But I still do not quite understand what happens without the mods.

A good test would be with a community lot (blue) and just the Vault of Antiquity RH (red) and without the mods. My mods mimic the Vault's behaviour.

38Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:25 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

OK, but I'll have to use a test hood for that because I don't have a Vault in this one.

Also, just FYI, without your mods my sims are now keeping their lots. I did learn that the NRAAS mods were set on default to require inactive sims to have at least 100k in reserved simoleons to own a community lot. I have purchasing of deeds disabled for inactives but it's possible that setting to require 100k was causing the game to sell off that community lot for the sims I had buy lots when I was playing them (hopefully that makes sense).

Just for a bit more clarity, this is not a 'normal' game. I started with an empty 'hood and added about 10-12 sims, maybe 6 households? I have added more sims (haven't counted lately, but about double) but this game does not have all the normal community lots or RHs. I am building it up very slowly and rotating through my households.

So the main thing I can say is that I have two multi-function lots in this game. The bakery/bookstore and a lot with the day spa along with a cafe (java hut) and a couple of savvier seller establishments. In both cases when I rotated away from the household that owned the bookstore and bakery (which was essentially the rest of the lot), the bakery was sold off. This household has several hundred simoleons so it's not the cash on reserves issue mentioned above.

The second household owned the day spa and the java hut. In their case the java hut was sold off when I switched to another household. Once I learned about the 'cash on reserve' issue I added 100k to their money and the lot was still sold off when I rotated away from them.

The household that lost their Hangout when I rotated away from them MIGHT have lost it due to the cash on reserves setting, which I didn't know about at the time.

I'll do some more testing, and report any significant info I discover. But again to clarify, without your mods all three households seem to be keeping their real estate purchases (but now without your mods the first two just own a RH lot because there is not extra lot for them to purchase, and they were keeping their RH lots before as well).

39Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:09 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

So, that's NRaas Story Progression we're talking about, isn't it? I suppose that this is a completely re-written real estate system, which makes it more difficult to determine what's going on.
I have a pre-populated custom world, Riverblossom Hills by kiwi_tea, where some of the pre-mades already own many of the venues and I can't recall that they ever lost them, even after many rotations. But none of these have any RHs on them, as the default game doesn't allow this. In the default game with unmodified RH tunings you will lose ownership of any lot if you add a rabbithole to it, except for the Vault and the Mausoleum.
I don't know yet whether the problem can be solved by editing my mods. I'd rather suspect that this is a NRAas SP issue. But I will have to compare the Vault tunings with mine again, to see whether I overlooked a line.

We should probably both test this in Moonlight Falls first and let some Sim buy the library with the vault on it.

40Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

I am so confuzzeled. REGcheeseface

This is really difficult to explain for some reason. My bakery/bookstore; with your mod my sims can click on the RH rug and purchase the bookstore RH. Then I can click on the bakery icon from town view and have them purchase the rest of the lot.

With your mods installed, when I rotate away from this household they keep the bookstore but the bakery is sold off. Without your mods they keep the lot, but it is just a bookstore. Because as you said, without your mods the game does not allow for RHs to be combined with some of the lots I'm combining them with.

So I don't know. Maybe it doesn't matter, especially if without your mods they are spending the same amount of money on the bookstore as they would with the bookstore/bakery combo lot. I'll have to check that out.

And what might be confusing me too is the fact that my sim lost his hangout, which was not combined with anything but now I realize that that might have occurred because of the 100k reserves setting which I have since changed to 10k. My inactives are not allowed to purchase real estate but when I play them and have them buy something I want them to keep it.

Another thing I'm going to try is to add your mods back and take NRAAS Money Module (one of the extras for SP) out. Just to see if that has any effect. But all this takes so much time, it's going to be awhile. I will try to test in Moonlight Falls also.

41Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:19 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

Tangie0906 wrote:This is really difficult to explain for some reason. My bakery/bookstore; with your mod my sims can click on the RH rug and purchase the bookstore RH. Then I can click on the bakery icon from town view and have them purchase the rest of the lot.
That is the purpose of these mods, yes.

With your mods installed, when I rotate away from this household they keep the bookstore but the bakery is sold off. Without your mods they keep the lot, but it is just a bookstore. Because as you said, without your mods the game does not allow for RHs to be combined with some of the lots I'm combining them with.
Now I am getting confused, too.
When you say "Without your mods they keep the lot, but it is just a bookstore" you are still talking about the bookstore rabbithole building or a custom bookstore lot type? Because without the mod you shouldn't be able to own a lot (blue tag) when it has a rh building (red tag) on it.

(Just as a reminder for myself, we are talking about 4 different systems that can come into play here: the real estate system (probably custom via NRaas SP), custom lot types via NRaas Cupcake, the global rabbithole tunings (my mods) and the individual rabbithole catalogue settings)

42Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:41 am

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

I never tried to purchase a venue that also had a RH on it before recently. That's kind of strange they left that out, but obviously someone thought of it when they made Moonlight Falls if they made it possible with that lot. I started a game there last night BTW but had my sim invest in the Vault - I'll have him buy it out then purchase the library next, but it was very late by the time I got to that point so I quit the game.

Very seldom did I even bother with the real estate system in the game until the last few years. I don't think NRAAS mods have messed with it too much - I mean there is a setting where you can prevent inactives from 'purchasing deeds' (which is what Maxis called them in the very beginning of the game), a setting that allows you to set the amount of funds sims must have left after purchasing (if you choose to allow inactives to purchase deeds - that was the 100,000 minimum default that I changed to 10,000 when it was brought to my attention) and there is a setting that allows for the mods to handle real estate for inactives who do own something (all it does is collect the money on a weekly basis afaik). Could be wrong, but that's all I can think of that they've changed that affects real estate.

All this has taken a lot longer for me to test because I also had an issue with the game freezing at exactly 10:29 AM. Had to restart over and over again to find the CC that was causing it. It was actually having two surfaces by the same creator in my game - I could have one or the other but not both! Or BAM game would freeze. Anyway I think I have that issue solved now (I hope) so I can focus on testing the real estate. In my test game in MF I have all the latest NRAAS mods with the settings tweaked (SP, Money, a couple more were just updated a few days ago) and your mods installed.

ETA: actually I don't have your mods installed. I'm going to see what happens without them since that lot is what your mods are based upon.

43Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:04 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

I did a quick test just now and had a Sim buy the Library in Moonlight Falls first, then turn the Arboretum Park into a Big Park, buy that too and buy out the Arboretum - with my mod for the Arboretum installed.
I then switched first to one household, then to another and then back to the test Sim with MasterController and she kept all three investments.
I then had another Sim invest in the Vault, while the Library lot itself was still owned by the other Sim and they both kept their investments, too.
Switching to a third household then back to the other two subsequently didn't change that either.

Unfortunately I can't tell you any better news at the moment then. But I will continue my investigation.

44Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Hmmm. I removed your mods and tested with a family who purchased both the Library and the Vault. When I switched households, the Library was sold off. I have removed NRAAS (SP) Money Module, switched back to them and had them repurchase the Library plus a fishing lot, and am getting ready to switch households again to see what happens without NRAAS Money.

BTW, I had no Internet all day yesterday and it just came back earlier this evening - but it's in and out at times. So I don't know if I can give an update later this evening or not, but plan to try.

45Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

I am ready to throw in the towel. Urrgh! I was only switching between two households but after that first go, they were keeping their property every time I switched. And I made sure to play the second family at least a day and a half so there should have been plenty of time for the game tweaks to fire off. But they kept their property from then on, for two more go 'rounds.

So yesterday I go back to my main save and soon discover that the game sold off my sims' property!! I don't know what else to try at this point except for completely erasing all my settings and slowly adding them back in. Provided I remember what they all are, and nothing gets blown up (meaning nothing happens that I don't want to happen) in the meantime. Better use 'save as' before I reset SP just so I can go back if something disastrous happens.

I love being able to customize my game, but shoot when it gets this complicated to make it do what I want it sure is a headache!

46Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:09 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

I joined your thread at NRaas a few days ago, and it really seems that nobody has a clue of what's going on in your game. I also recently loaded my Riverblossom Hills game again and all the inactives still own their venues after more than 20 weeks. But I don't use NRaas SP or any other story progression.

47Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Yeah, I saw your post there. Thanks for trying to help figure it out! I don't know what it is either but for now I am just giving up having them own both the RH and the Community Lot combo. I'll just have them buy the RH I guess. Although I do need to check and make sure my sim who just purchased a Hangout (nothing else on the lot) still owns it...

48Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:10 am

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

So I finally found the sim from Edit Town view who I had purchase the hangout and he's a 100k richer than he was when I last played him. That means the game sold off his hangout.

So my game is making sims sell community properties but they get to keep RH. Very frustrating!

Yeah, I switched back to this sim, had him repurchase the Hangout. I also removed NRAAS Money module for SP and have played about a sim week. I've also switched to one other household and had them purchase their community lot back (this is one that also has a Day Spa RH rug).

In both cases, they've retained their community lots without NRAAS Money. So I apologize for sending us both on a wild goose chase with your mods because this obviously has nothing to do with them at all. REGwall

49Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:34 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

New Gizmo

At MTS I was looking for a conversion of the Showtime Jukebox into a regular stereo. I got quite a few offers but I just wanted the one I already know, so I made it myself.
It's a simple clone, I swapped the script class and now I have it as a stereo in addition to the regular jukebox. So, this is not a replacement it is a new object and shows up right next to the SHT jukebox but is ยง5 cheaper.
So far I only ran a quick test, but it seems to work. Upgrading it looks a bit weird though, the animations for the jukebox looked better in that respect. If I were a real modding wizard I could probably figure out how to link those animations to the new object, but I am not.

Report back please, if you encounter further issues.

And here's the link: Download

50Tricky Tweaks aka Mods - Page 2 Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

That looks cool, DonB. I'm still on hiatus from playing (I think this is the longest I've ever gone without playing TS3 since it came out!), but will look that up and add it when I get back to my game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum