The Receptacle Refugees

A refugee camp for all the naysayers, disagreers and disgruntled hooligans who were left stranded and without shelter when the TS4 Receptacle closed. Essentially, the Receptacle is a haven for those who feel wronged by our beloved simulation franchise.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tricky Tweaks aka Mods

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Tangie0906

Oh my gosh! Missed that! I'll add it and let you know. Thanks!

OH! And I had to change the Live Show Venue because it closed the whole lot and my sims couldn't go to work. Duh! Should have thought of that. It's now just a hangout.

Edit 3: Now I'm confused. It turns out I already had your mod for the theater installed. It still doesn't seem to be working. And is the Movie Set mod for the movie set stuff that spawns? It doesn't spawn with the RH Door, at least not that I've ever seen.

Edit 4: I put the Movie Set mod in my mods folder along with your Theater mod and suddenly the lot showed the Hangout tag! Then my game crashed.

Earlier I was reading a thread elsewhere that mentioned that Film RH door used to spawn the movie set objects, which is why I got confused about Theater and Movie Set etc. In English the RH is known as the Film studio so I was conflating that with the Movie Set decor objects. My bad!

Not to be confused with a Theater which might be expected to have plays and other live performances or anything...just more of the confusion arising from poor planning on Maxis' part!

Edit 5: How do you take a screenshot with the Map Tags still visible? I took some shots to show you they're working but the tags don't show up in my pictures.

I'll pack up the lots and upload them for you to see for yourself.

27 Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:19 pm

-DonB-

We are talking about what in-game is called the Plumbob Pictures Backlot, right?

The mod I made is a simple tuning of the rabbithole object(s) that share the same object type. This shouldn't cause the game to crash, because other than the map tag behaviour the file is still the same as in vanilla. It does contain settings for the change of the outside film set though. But even without my mod jynx' door should have used these settings, too, unless they included a custom tuning in the door file. But they haven't.

I'll see whether I can find out more about this particular type of rabbithole.

Re: Edit 5: You'd have to use a third-party screenshot tool like the Snipping Tool that came with Windows and play in windowed mode.

28 Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Tangie0906

Oh sorry, I should have been clear about that. I don't blame your mod for the crash at all. Just one of those TS3 moments.

I figured out how to use the snipping tool in windowed mode to take this screenie. For the Bookstore lot I am using a Bakery custom map tag and lot type from NRAAS. Love this!

And here is a shot of the Diner/Arcade.

I have to look up my password info for Simsfileshare and then I should be able to upload the lots for you.

29 Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Tangie0906

I started the upload process for this lot then went and ate dinner. It took a while to upload because on my end the file is about 56MB!

Custard is showing the corrupt - package within a package error when according to my tests on this, means that it contains Store content (durr...). There are also two custom patterns (the checkered pizzaria cloth) and two counters from ATS3 that come with the lot since I always install those types of files through the Launcher.

http://simfil.es/254040/

Bookstore and Bakery. I re-classified the lot as No Visitors Allowed since I didn't think you probably had the custom lot/tag for the Bakery (which as I mentioned I got from NRAAS). If I remember correctly, one custom pattern and the counters from ATS3.

http://simfil.es/254055/

And here is the Diner & Bowling Alley created by sashraf which I got from the Exchange:

http://simfil.es/254049/

30 Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:46 am

-DonB-

Oh, that first screenshot is perfect! Could I perhaps use this for my MTS upload? I would have to ask you, however, to upload it in full resolution somewhere other than flickr, because I would have to make an account there to access it.
This forum here has its own image host, for example. It's the second button in the formatting field where you can also share youtube links.

31 Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:57 am

Tangie0906

Like this? I used the forum tool to upload it, but I don't know what you mean by full resolution (self-taught with PC stuff so huge gaping gaps in my knowledge, lol!). The default was 800 width for forums so I just left it at that. And yes, you can use it.

1024 width. In case you need that instead. I see it looks the same as the first one, so if there is something else you need me to do please let me know!

32 Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:17 am

-DonB-

Thank you very much, tangie. I'll see whether the picture is big enough.

33 Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:05 am

Tangie0906

You're welcome! I can take it again if you need me to. Should I have done it using the entire screen? I just made sure to capture the section I wanted in my shot. But I can do it again, no problem! I just need more instructions on how to go about it.

I will get a kick out of seeing it on your mod page if you can use it. Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum