The Receptacle Refugees

A refugee camp for all the naysayers, disagreers and disgruntled hooligans who were left stranded and without shelter when the TS4 Receptacle closed. Essentially, the Receptacle is a haven for those who feel wronged by our beloved simulation franchise.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bric-A-Brac Builds

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bric-A-Brac Builds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:49 am

-DonB-

I don't build that much, and if I do I mostly change existing houses. But there are some more or less unique builds I've made over time. Usually when I simply couldn't find anything suitable anywhere else.
Here are some of the results.

All the files are Library packages. I don't share sims3packs due to the fact that they may have unrelated content travelling with them. And as this may lead to the file (a) not installing at all (b) crash the game because of broken attached items (c) give you stuff you may not want, I decided to simply share the Library file.
Shared Library files should work fine, and if you have the CC or Store stuff installed before placing a lot, everything should appear as it should.

Last edited by -DonB- on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total

2 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:03 am

-DonB-

First download: Casolare delle Api, 35x35

Made for Monte Vista at 54 Poet Place

Download

CC used:
- Monte Vista Dirt terrain paint by MrHawk: http://www.thesimalogue.com/blog/thesims3-downloads-terrainpaints-montevista
(- Canning Station overhaul by Butterbot at MTS - I removed everything relating to that to avoid conflicts)

Store items used:
- Staircase, fences, fake window, ivy and canning station from the Brunch At The Old Mill venue
- Windows, plants, planters and possibly some deco from Monte Vista
- Planter from Al Fresco Street Market venue

All EPs and SPs (except for Katy Perry, Diesel and 70s Stuff). In particular you'd need WA for the plants and floors and arches, Outdoor Garden for the lamps, Pets for the column, walls and lamps, Supernatural for the beekeeping box, UL for the fridge, Generations for the sleeping bag and microwave, Island Paradise for the chair, and Seasons for a lamp that is hidden between the plants.

The stone wall is from Pets, the roof section contains alternative walls from Ambitions or base game, respectively.

No CFE was used, and MOO only to place some plants and the wall ivy.

The lot is almost completely unfurnished, be warned. It's taken from an active game, so the bills are already lower than what they would be if fresh. It was around 45,000 when placed first. It's some 39,000 now.

This is based on a real house in Tuscany with a slightly altered floor plan. While playing I already realised that the interior floor plant still needs to be adjusted. There are too many pointless rooms. The original has some 4 bedrooms for 8 people and more bathrooms than you can shake a stick at.

Pics:
[Other Pics removed. Thank you, Photobucket!]

Ah yes, and this was the inspiration: http://www.poderepalazzo.com . You can rent it. It's only $10,000 a week in high season. Smile The game version is currently about §240 a week in two installments at §120.

Last edited by -DonB- on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

3 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:35 pm

~MadameButterfly~

Admin
Oh, the original looks pretty nice, too. What a gorgeous place that I'll never set foot in. Thank goodness for the Sims!

4 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Pary

Thanks for sharing that house Don, it's gorgeous lovestruc

5 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:17 pm

bekkasan

I've downloaded it and hope I can play one day this week and put it in my game. Thanks for sharing it.

6 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 pm

tontrin

Thanks for sharing this Don! sunny

7 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Flaygor

Very nice work! That is so Tuscan I can almost smell the garlic and rosemary! Very Happy

Maybe I will re-install MV and give it another play.

DonB wrote:All EPs and SPs (except for Katy Perry, Diesel and 70s Stuff).

REGcool2

8 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 pm

~MadameButterfly~

Admin
That part made me smile, too. Very Happy

9 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:04 pm

-DonB-

I am supposed to write an essay, so I built a house for Dragon Valley instead Neutral

Bend View Residence 20x30

It was built for the empty 20x30 lot at Mithrilen Manor, near the fishing spot, with a Sim in mind that has the lifetime wish of having an expensive nectar cellar. So it has a basic basement already. The basement was built into the foundation with the help of CFE to save space. I also used CFE to get the side walls for the outside stairs. Other than that no cheats used, except for MOO for some plants.

It is still largely unfurnished, but the basics are already there. The pictures show some Store objects that I have removed prior to upload and replaced with base game objects. Apart from Dragon Valley the only other Store thing I have still in it is a fence from the Renaissance Fair. If you don't have that it's no big problem, the fence was only used on two tiles in the front facade.
Other requirements: all EPs, some SPs (as above with my first build). There is no SP content used, however, as far as I remember. A lamp from Pets, another from Supernatural, the TV from UL, that's it.

Ah yes, and I forgot to write down the price, but it's something around §50,000.

It's not tested yet, btw. Smile

More Pictures
Spoiler:

Download

10 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:16 pm

tontrin

I like it! lovestruc Thanks for sharing. I've currently been playing Sims 2 because I found it works great on my laptop, so when I get back to 3, I shall have to try your lot, got it downloaded.

11 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:00 pm

~MadameButterfly~

Admin
Gorgeous looking lot! Now I miss playing Dragon Valley. I'm going to have to go back to that world soon.

12 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:06 pm

bekkasan

I should be cleaning, but, I'm downloading your lot. Smile It is lovely and I'm pretty sure I have Dragon Valley installed on hubby's puter so will be able to use it Smile Thank you so much for sharing.

13 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Tangie0906

Thank you for both houses! They are very nice and fit in those worlds perfectly!

14 Re: Bric-A-Brac Builds on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 pm

Pary

That's really nice, thanks for sharing it Smile
I should be doing a million things too but I am being lazy and looking for a pattern I lost in 2010 and have never been able to find again, and downloading houses.
Another for my collection !

also now I am going to start a DV game.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum