The Receptacle Refugees

A refugee camp for all the naysayers, disagreers and disgruntled hooligans who were left stranded and without shelter when the TS4 Receptacle closed. Essentially, the Receptacle is a haven for those who feel wronged by our beloved simulation franchise.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tricky Tweaks aka Mods

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:19 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

Here's my first share, a sort of test: Humble Harvest tweaks
http://simfileshare.net/download/171627/

The mod is new, I haven't tested it myself yet, so any feedback is welcome and appreciated. It's a tuning of several interactions with the Humble Harvest Stand that came with the Al Fresco Street Market venue from the Store.
The default tuning was such that the stand advertised to fulfill the hunger need, but it doesn't. I guess it was EA's way to make it attractive for inactives and create the illusion of market activity. Yeah well, really funny to see Sims flock to the stands and complain about being hungry. That's cruel, EA!

I removed the hunger advertising but left everything else intact. These stands are still very attractive but at least hungry Sims won't use it anymore thinking that this will feed them.

2Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:42 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

DB_RainEventLessLightning

This is another test mod, that I made a few hours ago. It is supposed to reduce lightning and to lower the chance that lightning will strike your currently active lot. Lightning should now only occur during heavy rain, with more time between each strike and a lowered chance for the lot to get hit.

Download

Edit: I made a mistake. Instead of reducing the chance of lightning strikes I actually raised it. So please, redownload the updated file.

Last edited by -DonB- on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

3Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:46 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

DB_No AutonomousSmartPhoneSuite

The zip contains 3 separate tuning mods. One will stop autonomous browse web interactions, the other will stop autonomous stream web interactions and the third should prevent all Sims from autonomously showing other Sims videos on the smartphone. All three have been getting on my nerves for various reasons and it is time for this to stop.
None of these mods will have any effect on texting.

Download

4Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Pary

Pary

Is it possible to stop them from using the phone entirely Don, unless directed? Answering the phone as well as all of the above in your mods?

5Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

There is a No Autonomous Answer Phone by twoftmama at simsasylum: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/740-no-autonomous-answer-phone-v2-posted-june-5-2011/

And I think to remember that I saw a No Texting mod somewhere there, too.

OK, found it. There's a whole No Autonomous Smartphone mod by Margaret Pendragon aka Misty: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/11881-no-autonomous-smartphone/

Using that will make mine obsolete, except for the Show Video one. That one seems to be not included in Misty's mod.

6Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:04 am

Flaygor

Flaygor

Thanks for doing this Don. cheers

Goodbye extreme lightning in a temperate climate such as Sunset Valley!

7Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:50 am

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Thanks for sharing these! They look great!

I hate it how sims will suddenly become obsessed with their phones and do little else. I've got a sim in one of my saved games now who is like that. Mad

8Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:08 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

DonBabilon_GypsyCaravan

This one's for Pary before I get around to upload the others to MTS. It does what my MTS mod for the Arboretum does for the gypsy caravan, i.e. show the blue map tag and allow you to purchase a lot on which the caravan is place (if it is on a lot that is usually purchasable to begin with)

A description is included in the zip and, I think, three versions of the mod.

Download

9Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:21 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

+BaseGameRabbitholes

And this one's for tangie and for testing in her multi-purpose lots. All base game rabbitholes modified. The rest will follow soonish.
They work with rabbithole rugs and doors, too. The description of the different versions is, I think, self-explanatory. The text file in the caravan file above gives more details.

Downloadremoved

Edit: Updated version below

Last edited by -DonB- on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

10Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Pary

Pary

Oh my goodness I forgot all about the phone mods I'd asked about. I have a memory like a sieve!
Thank you so much for the Gypsy Van tweak Don ! lovestruc

11Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

I thought I was going to have to wait on you uploading your mod to MTS! I will check it out. Thank you! Very Happy

12Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:48 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

There are about a gazillion different rabbithole types in the game and each and every one of them would have to be modified individually. That's the main reason why I still haven't uploaded them to MTS. I'm still finding new rabbithole files every time I check. This is my to do list:

Rabbithole List

Base Game
City Hall
Military Base
Police
Hospital
Science Lab
Business and Journalism
Bistro
Diner
Grocery
Theatre
Hideout
Bookstore
Day Spa
School
Stadium
Mausoleum (no mod needed)

World Adventures
Eiffel Tower (hidden)
No other new rabbitholes

Ambitions - No additional rabbitholes

Late Night
Film Set
Subway (doesn’t need a mod)
new combo rabbitholes:
City Hall/Military/Police
Business/Bistro
Bookstore/Spa

Generations - no additional rabbitholes

Pets
Equestrian Center
new combo rabbitholes:
Hospital/Science
Grocery/Diner
School/Stadium

Showtime
Big Show venues and new combo rabbitholes (?) (partly done)

Supernatural
Arboretum
Vault of Antiquity (no mod needed)
Caravan
new combo rabbithole:
Theatre/Criminal
School/Stadium new

Seasons - No additional rabbitholes

University Life
Stadium & Annex
School of Science
School of Business
Administration Center
School of Art

Island Paradise
Resort Towers 3 types (no mod needed)
Diner/Grocery new
new combo rabbitholes:
Business/Bookstore
Spa/Bistro

Into The Future
Bot Arena
Stellar Observatory
ZEPHYR stop
Mausoleum Future
Future Theatre (no separate tuning)

Store
Skydiving Center
new combo rabbitholes:
Bookstore/Bistro (Monte Vista)
Military/Police (Monte Vista, Dragon Valley)

In addition there are some combo rabbitholes of the same type with separate entries and there are rabbitholes that I haven't been able to identify in the game yet.

Not identified yet
Stadium/Theatre
WorkPlaceBox

ETA: Ha, see? Just when I made my list I noticed that I forgot the School, Military Base and Bookstore in my upload for the base game.

13Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:47 am

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

That's definitely a lot of lots! Besides the ones you have already done, I need the bookstore one - that's the only one that I have a combo lot for other than the ones you have already made. With using rugs, I can just use the individual RH's and don't need the ones that were combined (I can do my own combining, IOW) but those would be handy when playing other worlds for sure.

I tried the Diner and Theater ones in my test hood with my combined lots and it was great seeing the icon for the Diner as well as the Arcade. Nothing happened with the theater lot, but atm I have that classified as a consignment store. There was no consignment store icon above the lot. But consignment stores might be a special case.

14Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:50 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

No, if the consignment tag doesn't show with a Theatre present then I must have done something wrong.

ETA: I just checked. I see no mistake. What theater rabbithole are you using?

15Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

It's a theater RH rug. The original one, made by Jynx and fixed for the Pets EP.

I'm going to test this as other lot types (without the consignment register) so I'll update my findings when I do that.

Edit: The rugs I'm using are at MTS.

16Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:15 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

Hm, I tested it with the theatre rabbithole rug that I have and the consignment tag shows up. You use outdated versions of the rugs, I think. Maybe that's the reason. There are newer versions, they're the ones that I have. I had got them from customsims, which seem to be defunct. But you can find them here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Other+Mods+FAQ (just search for Jynx on the page).

17Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:27 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

Okay, this is my next attempt at finally being thorough again.

DB_BaseGameRabbitholes

Version 1 makes the blue lot map tag appear alongside the red rabbithole map tag
Version 2 does the same and allows you to purchase the lot in addition

So, with version 2 you can place a bookstore rabbithole on a consignment lot and both invest in the bookstore and buy out the consignment store.

List of rabbitholes:

Download

18Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:30 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

DB_LateNightRabbitholes

List of Late Night rabbitholes:

Download

19Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:33 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

DB_PetsRabbitholes

List of Pets rabbitholes:

Download

20Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:48 am

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Got them, thanks!

I originally got mine from CustomSims too (waves to Regina!), but I think I downloaded the ones from MTS when I got my new PC last December - but it turned out I still had the Jynx version. They look exactly the same to me, but I replaced it again so we'll see.

Last night I changed the lot designation to Live Show Venue and it still didn't work but I'll try again with the replacement. I tried using the version on TSR but it wouldn't even show up for me (guessing it conflicts with the other rugs that I still had installed?).

The Diner one is working fine with the original RH rugs that I was using. So it's possible that it not showing up has to do with this particular lot and not your mod.

21Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:09 am

-DonB-

-DonB-

There are two things I can think of right now: First, there is something else on the lot, or, secondly, you might have to save and reload again. Sometimes map tags don't work properly if you change a lot in Edit Town or with the Build/Buy On This Lot cheat and go back to Live Mode immediately afterwards.

Maybe you could link me to the lot? I'd need a nice one anyway for the MTS screenshots and if I may I could use yours.

22Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:04 am

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

The 'something else' on the lot might well be the Film RH Door that I also have.

The lot is filled with CC, all of which is installed via package files, so it would probably be pretty empty unless you have the same CC installed as package files. Based on that info, let me know if you still want to test the lot.

Edit: Oh yeah, and all my Store content is installed via the Launcher so if yours are packages they won't show up either!

23Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:44 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

Tangie0906 wrote:The 'something else' on the lot might well be the Film RH Door that I also have.
That's it then. Every rabbithole on a lot will require the corresponding override mod for the lot tag to show up.

The lot is filled with CC, all of which is installed via package files, so it would probably be pretty empty unless you have the same CC installed as package files. Based on that info, let me know if you still want to test the lot.
All I need is two screenshots from Map View, one that shows the rabbithole tags without the mods and another one that shows the same view with the mods.

Edit: Oh yeah, and all my Store content is installed via the Launcher so if yours are packages they won't show up either!
That shouldn't be a problem, unless you've decrapfied your stuff first.

24Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Tangie0906

Tangie0906

Without a mod for the film RH door then the only lot I have that is showing the two lot types correctly is my Diner and Arcade. And I did not make the lot, I downloaded it from the Exchange. The bookstore is still just categorized as 'No Visitors Allowed' because there is no lot type for a Bakery. I could play around with lot types on that one to see if I can figure something out though.

And no, I don't decrapify Store content unless I need a second version of something - I have a second version of the baking rack that is coded to use Ani's shopping mod for example. But it's installed as a package file.

25Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Empty Re: Tricky Tweaks aka Mods Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:33 pm

-DonB-

-DonB-

Well, the Late Night Rabbitholes above contain a mod for the Film RH. Please add it and tell me whether the consignment tag shows up now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum